The Danish 'Hygge' movement embodies all that Blankie stands for: it's about connecting with me-time moments, enveloping yourself in warmth and comfort, embracing relaxation and spending time with your friends and family.
Now, doesn't that sound nice? Here are 6 ways to make your home more 'Hygge' this autumn:
1. Pour yourself a cup/mug/glass of something that helps you unwind, sit back and envelope yourself in your Blankie.
2. Light a fire and spend some time doing nothing but gazing into it as you kick back on your favourite chair.
3. Surround yourself with good old-fashioned paper books – re-read an old fave or get stuck into a new tome – time for yourself to read is the essence of 'Hygge.'
4. Bring the outdoors in! Plants and greenery make a home feel more earthy, more connected with nature.
5. Treat yourself - you're worth it. Hygge is all about contentment, connection and finding joy in the simple things. Home baking sums up all of these things.
6. Time for your family. Whether it's with your kids, your parents or siblings – appreciate the value of being present with one-another. Snuggle-up with your Blankie together and feel the love, people!
Like our blogs? Read more about how to make your home cosier: 5 Ways To Create A Cosy Nook In Your Home.